Archive Your Film
The Outfest UCLA Legacy Project saves LGBTQ moving images through conservation, preservation, access, and education. We have established the world’s largest publicly accessible collection of LGBTQ moving images. Because independent filmmakers often times lack the funds and resources to archive and store their films, our objective is to be a safe place for these works for generations to come. We archive work by LGBT filmmakers, and about LGBTQ topics including TV shows, home movies, documentation of LGBTQ events etc.
Placing films in the Legacy Collection at the UCLA Film & Television Archive is easy and straightforward.
If you are interested, there are two options:
- Donations transfer the physical property rights to the UC Regents on behalf of UCLA.
- Donations are tax-deductible
- Deposited collections allow material vaulted at the UCLA Archive to be accessed by the depositor. To ensure proper conservation, Outfest and UCLA suggest limited on-going access to deposited materials.
Most notable for both forms of contributing to the Legacy Project is that:
- Outfest covers shipping of materials to UCLA when possible
- You retain all copyright
- Material will be conserved under strict archival control at the state-of-the-art vaults of the UCLA Film & Television Archive
For more information call 213.480.7096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org